The erstwhile Maharashtra State Electricity Board was looking after Generation, Transmission & Distribution of Electricity in the State of Maharashtra barring Mumbai. But after the enactment of Electricity Act 2003, MSEB was restructured into 4 Companies viz. MSEB Holding Co. Ltd., Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd. (Mahavitaran), Maharashtra State Power Generation Co. Ltd. (Mahagenco) and Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Co. Ltd. (Mahatransco) on 6th June 2005. Mahavitaran distributes electricity to consumers across the State except Mumbai.
Mahavitaran at a Glance
|Area||3.08 lakh sq. kms / 41095 villages / 457 towns|
|Lines in ckt-km|
|a. 33kv||43,362 k.ms.|
|b. 22kv||33,060 k.ms.|
|c. 11kv||2,86,081 k.ms.|
|d. LT lines||6,51,824 k.ms.|
|Distribution Transforms (Nos.)||5,83,725|
|No of 33 / 11 KV sub stations & switching stations||3257|
|a. 33 / 11 KV, 33 / 22 KV & 22 / 11 KV Capacity||30,620 MVA|
|b. 33 / 0.4, 22 / 0.4 & 11/0.4 DTC Capacity||56,229 MVA|
|Administrative Structure||4 Regions, 16 Zones, 44 Circles, 140 Divisions, 633 Subdivisions|
Advanced Facilities for Consumers
Bill payment Facilities
Consumer can pay energy bill online through MSEDCL website (WSS) or Mahavitaran Mobile App. Quick pay URL is made available in bill alert SMS to enable consumers to directly pay bills online. Various modes of online payment are available to consumers such as Net banking, Credit / Debit card, cash cards or various mobile wallets and UPI. UPI QR code is printed on hard copy of bill which can be scanned by consumers through BHIM app or UPI enabled App. This UPI QR code is also displayed on e-bill of consumers. Also, Online payment facility is available for all HT consumers so as to pay through Netbanking, Credit / Debit card etc.
Simplified New Connection
Prospective consumer can apply on line for new electricity connection through portal or mobile app. In addition to this; provision has now been made to facilitate the consumer by allowing on line payment for new connection charges. Consumer can also view the status of his application online. Consumer can upload the scan copy of the mandatory documents required for the new connections.Only two no. of documents are to be submitted along with the Application.
SMS & Email alerts
All consumers can register mobile number / E-mail ID at http://consumerinfo.mahadiscom.in/
Following SMS alerts are sent to all consumers on registered mobile number.
- Meter Reading Alert
- Bill Alert
- Payment Acknowledgement
- New Connection status information
- Outage Information
- Acknowledgement for Complaint Registration
Following Email alerts are sent to consumer on registered E-Mail ID.
- Monthly Bill
- Firm Quotation for new connection
Mobile App for consumer
MSEDCL developed mobile app for consumers wherein most of consumer services such as view and pay bill, register complaints etc. are available to consumer at his / her fingertips. This App is helpful to consumers to avail MSEDCL services on mobile only. App is available in English and Marathi Languages. App is available on Android, iOS and Windows platform. Within one year, after launch, this Mahavitaran App is downloaded and used by more than 18 Lakh consumers.
Features available Mahavitaran App
- View / Pay bills : Consumer can view latest electricity bill and also pay online through this menu. Consumers can pay bills through App using Credit / Debit card, Net banking, Mobile Wallet, UPI etc.
- Register Complaint : Consumer can register a power related complaint or billing complaint. After complaint registration, a unique complaint ID is assigned and SMS is sent to concerned field officer to resolve the same. Also, consumer can track status of complaint anytime through this menu.
- Apply for New Service Connection : Consumer can apply for New electricity connection through app. Consumer can track status of new connection application through this menu.
- History : Consumers can view history of last 6 month electricity bills and also history of online Payments through this menu.
- Submit Self Reading : Consumer can submit meter reading in case of non-availability of reading by MSEDCL meter reader. SMS trigger is given to consumer for uploading / sending ‘Self Reading’.
- Update Contact Details : Consumer can add or update registered Mobile No. / E-mail id.
- Provide Feedback : Consumer can submit the feedback for the MSEDCL services in the scale of 1 to 5. Also, for poor and average ratings, consumer can submit the detail remarks.
- Contact Call Center : Consumer can contact to MSEDCL centralized call center through toll free numbers displayed in this menu.