MSEDCL receives Elets Digital Innovations Initiative AwardsMSEDCL has been awarded the prestigious Elets Innovation Awards for its EV Initiatives under the category of Digital Innovations Initiative (Transport & Mobility).
The award was presented to Shri. Prasad Reshme (Director Projects) MSEDCL at the aatmanirbhar Bharat summit by Dr. Ravi Gupta Founder, CEO & Editor-in-Chief, Elets Technomedia.
MSEDCL’s EV initiatives consist of MSEDCL’s own Electric Vehicle Charging Stations, PowerUp Mobile App for EV users, Electrical Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Operation Centre Solution & Web Portals.
The PowerUp Mobile App is developed for 4 wheeler EV owners to charge their EVs at MSEDCL’s charging stations. The mobile app has a ‘MapMe’ feature through which the location & details of non-MSEDCL charging stations can also be displayed. This app also facilitate monitoring, data logging and data analysis of charging MSEDCL’s unmanned EV charging stations at different locations such as various MSEDCL Offices, substations, etc.
MSEDCL honored six awards at the national level ‘Power Awards 2022’MSEDCL has been honored with six national awards by the Independent Power Producers Association of India (IPPAI) for its outstanding achievements in the field of power distribution. In the ‘Power Award 2022’ program organized on Saturday (on 9th ) at Belgaum (Karnataka), the award was presented by Joint Secretary For Ministry of Power (GoI), Shri. Ghanshyam Prasad.
The Power Award 2022 has been announced by the Independent Power Producers Association of India(IPPAI) for evaluating the performance of various power distribution companies in the country in the categories of customer oriented service, innovation, use of technology. MSEDCL has bagged the highest number of awards.
Independent Power Producers Association Of India Awards
MSEDCL under the leadership of Chairman and Managing Director Hon. Vijay Singhal has performed this feat. Executive Director of MSEDCL, Shri. Arvind Bhadikar and Superintending Engineer Shri. Milind Digraskar received all these awards on behalf of MSEDCL at Belgaum. For this achievement, Minister of Energy Hon. Dr. Nitin Raut, Minister of State of Energy Hon. Prajakt Tanpure, Principal Secretary, Department of Energy, Shri. Dinesh Waghmare, Chairman and Managing Director of MSEDCL Hon. Vijay Singhal congratulates all the officers and employees of MSEDCL.
- Most progressive SERC Renewable Promotion (Best State to promote Renewable Energy)
- Outstanding Performance – Best Company – Electric Charging Stations
- Outstanding Performance – Best Performing Distribution Company
- Best innovations – RF Metering and Meter Data, Innovation in Consumer Service – Information Technology Services
- Best Distribution Company to promote consumer awareness First Runner Up
- Utility achieving fastest Rural Electrification in last decade First Runner Up.
Best State Power Utility Award For Excellent & Quality ServiceMSEDCL, which supplies power to over 2.6 crore consumers in the Maharashtra state, won the Best State Power Utility Award in the 15th India Energy summit. The award was declared after reviewing performance of 29 power distribution companies across the country. Apart from infrastructure and reforms in power systems, MSEDCL has been in the forefront for modern technology in its day to day operations. Said MSEDCL Chairman and Managing Director Hon. Vijay Singhal: “The state power utility firm has made effective use of new concepts, rendered quality services to consumers and during challenging times such as cyclones and floods, we have worked 24×7 to restore power to maximum consumers.” MSEDCL was also adjudged third in “Performance Improvement” category award at the same event organized by the Indian Chamber of Commerce. The power firm was also appreciated for its work during Covid-19 pandemic. During Covid Lockdown, MSEDCL consumers were given several concessions, deferment of fixed charges for high end consumers and an installment facility to pay bills which were pending for several months from March 2020. MSEDCL also provided power supply to a 650-bed Covid centre set up by Panvel municipal corporation at Kalamboli at a cost of Rs 1 crore. The huge costs involved was due to replacing the old infrastructure with brand new cables, distribution transformers and substations. Hon. Vijay Singhal had instructed that the supply should be given to Covid centers/oxygen generating plants across MMR after obtaining required approvals and completing all formalities. Officials said that the state power utility firm was instrumental in enabling maximum consumers to pay electricity bills online, get new connections in a short span of time, reduce power distribution losses, crackdown on record theft cases and plan to use smart meters across all categories of consumers.
The 3rd Indian Energy Summit organized by the Union Ministry of Energy and the Indian Chamber of Commerce awarded MSEDCL for The third highest number of Affiliate Operations (Network Efficiency, DSM) awards at the national level for effective performance in the energy sector & for the effective network of power systems and effective management of electricity demand. MSEDCL has also been awarded with Third green energy (RE initiative, RPO, solar rooftop, EV, energy storage) award for effective contribution to green energy sector & with Prestigious third-largest impact for new initiatives Innovation with Impact (General States) award.
MSEDCL has been awarded with ‘Special Recognition Award’ for Managing Large Customer Base in the category of Efficient Distribution & Operations for excellent management of large Consumer base at 12th India Energy Summit, Organized by Indian Chamber of Commerce and Supported by Ministry of Power, Government of India.
MSEDCL has been awarded with SKOCH Energy Gold Award for Centralized Vendor Payment System at SKOCH Summit 2018, an exclusive ceremony held at New Delhi on 6th December 2018. MSEDCL introduced a true ease of doing business initiative of Centralized Vendor payment system using fast, robust & secured digital payment process. Centralized payment is implemented to avoid the delay in the payments to suppliers, contractors, statutory payments and employees. As on Nov-18, the Centralized Vendor Payment System has benefitted around 81,000 Vendors who have received their dues (worth Rs. 1300 Crs) instantaneously using online payment API since go-live this system.
MSEDCL has been awarded with SKOCH Energy Silver Award for MSEDCL Dashboards at SKOCH Summit 2018, New Delhi. The MSEDCL Dashboards is a unique system developed at MSEDCL providing at-a-glance views of KPIs (key performance indicators) relevant to a business process (e.g. Energy sales, payment collection, material stock, or balance sheet). MSEDCL Dashboard ensured quick data analysis and helps to take appropriate decision at right time.
MSEDCL has also been awarded with SKOCH Order-of-Merit 2018 Awards for MSEDCL Consumer Service Initiatives, such as Centralized Customer Care Centers for all its. Consumers, sending various Meter Reading & Billing alerts through SMS to over 2 Crores registered Consumers and resolution of consumers’ complaints through social media like Twitter & Facebook.
MSEDCL has also been awarded with SKOCH Order-of-Merit 2018 Awards for implementing Substation Monitoring System at Akola Town. This systems enables live Data availability for various substations equipment such as circuit breaker, transformer, feeder and DC battery system which facilitates carrying out various analytics helping in taking right decisions with respect to operational, strategic and planning of the Electricity Distribution system.
- SKOCH Order of Merit Award -2017 for Mobile Apps & Dashboard.
- Indian Smart Grid Forum (ISGF) Innovation award for Best Utility for R-APDRP Part ‘A’ implementation in India.
- Champion of Change Award- 2017 by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Govt of India.
- Most Innovative Discom for the year 2017 at 5th Innovation with Impact Awards for Discoms by Indian Chamber of Commerce.
MSEDCL’s Innovative activities are as below:
MSEDCL has developed Mahavitaran Mobile application for Consumers that offers various facilities to consumers including application for new connection, bill payment, change of name and complaint registration.
MSEDCL has also developed Mobile Apps for its Employees which enable its employees to take meter reading, carry out day to day field activities such as outage management, disconnections and recovery drive, load management, feeder reading, PD verification complaint resolution etc.
MSEDCL has introduced analytics Dashboard which provide quick data analysis to higher authorities and helps them to take appropriate decision which has features such as New Service connection, Paid pending, Billing, Payments – offline / Online, Arrears Recovery/Position, Load Profile, CRM – complaint monitoring, Project Monitoring, Energy Audit. Last 3 years data can be analyzed and compared.
MSEDCL has implemented SAP ERP solution and integration with various systems for Finance, Operations and Projects functions in its daily working.
Similarly new innovative applications are developed for,
- HT Consumer Help Desk
- Help Desk for New Service connections
- Release of New service connection within 24hrs in identified areas
- New power supply connection over a phone call
- Centralized Billing and collection System
- Incorporation of GIS substation
- 2nd Award under Category of Green Grid Award at 5th Innovation with Impact Awards for Discoms by Indian Chamber of Commerce.
Energy efficiency and Green Energy Initiatives:
MSEDCL has taken consumer awareness initiatives on Energy efficiency through rallies, seminar at school and public places, Distribution of pamphlets, putting the banners & hoardings, taking workshops and by making media awareness through its news letter, Distribution of LED bulbs as appreciation prize to meritorious students in the schools. MSEDCL has launched DELP (Domestic Efficient Lighting Program) in which it has distributed LED Bulb. MSEDCL has spent Rs 7.06 Crs on Demand Side Management activities.
Coverage of energy efficient initiatives as compared to total customer base:
1) Out of 1.75 crs Domestic Consumers, 40lakhs Domestic Consumers availed LEDs in DELP scheme.
2) Out of 40.16Lakhs Ag consumers 2209 Ag consumers have been benefited by star rated pump.
3) 1740 No of Ag consumers benefited by solar pump.
MSEDCL has taken great efforts in fulfilling Renewable purchase obligation which is highest in country.
MSEDCL has adopted solar Roof top policy /regulation notified by state regulatory commission, MERC time to time.
Peak Load Management and Load Reduction Programs:
DSM Program No. of Installation DELP 2.13 Cr Ag Pump set DSM 2209 Ceiling Fans 4998 HVAC scheme 20000 fans/15 HVAC chiller replacement& 15 HVAC chiller retrofitting
- CBIP Award for Excellence in Capacity Building & Training.
- Express Intelligent PSU Awards 2016 for MSEDCL Mobile Apps.
- Best Power Utility Award at 10th Indian Energy Summit 2016.
- Best State Power Utility Award and Green Grid Award at National Energy Council organized by Ministry of Power (GoI) and Indian Chamber of Commerce at New Delhi.
- Honoured with The National Energy Conservation Award 2014 organized by the Central Power Ministry for its contribution in the field of energy conservation.
- Bestowed with the Best Employer of the year and Best Organisation and Staff Development by the World HRD Congress 2014.
- Conferred with the Asia Pacific HRM Award 2014.
- Maharashtra State e-Governance Award 2013 for Restructured Accelerated Power Development and Reforms Programme (R-APDRP) Part ‘A’.
- Won the 6th Indian Power Award 2013 by the Council of Power Utility, Delhi for the various works done by the Company.
- Won the second place Power Excellence Award – 2013 by the Kolkata Chamber of Commerce.