Frequently Asked Questions about Online Payments
- Consumers can make Online Payment using Mahadiscom website. You can enter your Consumer Number on the home page of Mahadiscom website or the consumer portal, accept the conditions for Online Payment and click on ‘PAY NOW’ to view/pay your bill online
- Consumers can also make payment on the Mahavitaran app (Android / IOS)
- LT consumers may scan the UPI QR code printed on Bill for Online Payment through UPI.
- Consumers are sent SMS for Bill Details, wherein a link is given to view and pay bills. After clicking this link in SMS, consumer can view Bill Details, download a bill pdf and make Online Payment of bill.
For Online Payments, you may opt for various modes of payment such as payment through Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Cash Cards, Netbanking, Wallets, UPI etc.
Consumer can make payment for both Energy Bill as well as Security Deposit on Mahadiscom website or Mahavitaran app by selecting the appropriate option on payment page
For Online Payment of other charges kindly visit Online Payment of Other Charges portal
Yes you can. After registering on the Web Self Service portal you can add multiple Consumer Numbers to your account and simplify the process of paying bills.
To download the receipt kindly login to your account on the Web Self Service Portal and click on the History tab then click on Payments History. From here you can download the receipts for the payments you have made.
Kindly check if the amount has been deducted from your bank account.
If the amount has not been deducted please try again after some time.
Also check in the history tab under Web Self service portal if the payment has been reflected.
If the amount has been deducted and the payment is not reflected against your Consumer Number please mail the transaction details to email@example.com
Multiple Payment Gateway options are provided so that customers can easily make payments.
If any user is facing issues with a particular payment gateway he/she can use another Payment Gateway for making payments.
Multiple Payment Gateway options are available for, In case certain Banks or Card types (like Visa,Rupay etc.) are not available in particular payment gateway, Other payment gateway may have option for the same banks or card types. So consumer gets option to pay via available bank-payment gateway listed on Online Payment page.
- Transaction processing fees + GST i.e., Convenience Fees is applicable only for Credit Card payment and for transaction amount above Rs.500/- and Convenience Fees 1% of transaction value is applicable for PayTM mobile wallet.
- No Transaction charges (Convenience fees) applicable for Net Banking, Debit card, UPI, Digital Wallet & Cash Card transactions.
- For Credit Card transaction exceeding amount above Rs.500, Convenience fees of 0.80%+GST 18 % will get charged to consumer.
Yes, Consumer can pay Energy Bill or Additional Security Deposit Bill via NEFT/RTGS payment mode, if NEFT/RTGS Bank Details are printed on Energy Bill or Additional Security deposit bill.
When consumers register on Mahadiscom for Online Payment they can benefit from several facilities provided on the portal.
Consumers can track the status of their applications.
They can easily manage their Consumer Numbers online.
Consumers can get payment acknowledgment SMS for amount paid online on consumer registered mobile number and many other facilities
MSEDCL also sends E-receipt for Online Payment to consumer registered email address.
Existing consumers can also update their contact details through this portal
Yes, Consumer will get discount of 0.25% (upto Rs.500) in next subsequent bill, if paid online.
Yes, there is auto debit facility available. Consumer needs to fill mandate form for ECS/NACH registration to his/her bank. Bank will auto debit amount from consumer account.