Selection process for the post of Manager (P).
- Advertisements for the post of Manager (P) was published during the month of May 2009.
- Taking into consideration the educational qualification and experience, the candidates have been shortlisted for selection process consisting of In-Basket Exercises, Group Discussions, Case Discussions, Presentation & Personal Interviews.
- The interview process will be held on 17th November 2009 and 18th November 2009 at 6th floor, Prakashgad, Bandra(East), Mumbai – 400 051.
- The candidates will be further shortlisted for Personal interview on the basis of performance in the In-Basket Exercises, Group Discussions, Case Discussions and Presentation Writing.
- The call letters and e-mail to the candidates shortlisted for selection process have already been sent by the Institute. In case any of the shortlisted candidate does not receive call letter for selection process, he should follow the following instructions :-
(1) In-Basket Exercises : This is a written exercise. “In – basket” contains a bunch of various problems which the Senior Officer is required to solve. It may contain memos, internal office notes, circulars, budgetary problems, technical difficulties etc. The Senior Officer is supposed to do most or all of the following for solving this exercise.
- To take decision on each problem.
- To record the decision / solution.
- To record the reason(s)/rationale for the decision / solution.
- To suggest follow-up action, if required.
- To delegate in certain cases where it is customary or possible to delegate.
- To submit the issue to the competent higher authority with your suggestions / remarks if the situation so demands.
(2) Group Discussion : The Group Discussion involves : -
- Studying and analyzing the problem, organizing one’s own views, thoughts and arguments.
- Expressing the views and arguments to the other members of the group and convincing them.
- Consolidation of views etc.
(3) Case Discussion: In case discussion, a problem will be given to the group of candidates. The group candidates will discuss various suggestions/solutions to solve the problem, find out pros and cons and come out with single solution acceptable to all the members.
(4) Presentation Writing: The candidates are required to write an elaborate presentation on the given topic. The presentation should include analysis of the problem given, various ideas to resolve the problem and pros and cons of the solutions and the analysis of the probable outcome. The short listed candidates may have to make presentation to the interview panel.
(5) Interview: Based on the performance in the above mentioned activities, candidates will be shortlisted for Interview. The interview will be conducted for the short-listed candidates. The interview panel members may also ask the shortlisted candidates to make Presentation on a topic of given on the previous day.
Please confirm your arrival by e-mail on email@example.com latest by16/11/2009.
LIST OF CANDIDATES SHORTLISTED FOR SELECTION PROCESS