>Training & Safety





  Always, install safety equipments like Earth leakage / overload & short circuit protection (circuit breakers / switches ) near point of supply.
  Ensure healthy earthing is installed at your premises.
  Ensure only IS marked cables of proper capacity are used for your installation and get the wiring done through only licensed Electrical Contractors.
  Pay the energy bills regularly at MSEB's authorised cash collection centers and within due date to avoid inconvenience due to disconnection.
  Use electricity only when needed, switch off the supply when not required.
  Always use proper capacity fuse wire in main switches.
  To got proper voltage, install adequate capacitors for inductive loads.
  Use only ISI marked electrical equipments. 
  Ensure safety of energy meter and metering equipments in your premises. Provide weather Proof enclosures to meters and metering equipments.
  For rectification of faults in your installations, call licensed electrical contractors only.
  For any difficulty related to electricity supply, always contact MSEB authorities at their offices.
  If energy meter provided is found stopped / faulty, please bring the facts to the notice of MSEB authorities immediately.
  Apply for your service connection for Electricity in the prescribed form obtainable free of cost from the Section Office.
  Enter all the particulars required in the application form.
  Produce proper documents/records to prove the legal ownership of the premises for which electricity supply is required. In case you are a tenant, produce evidence for lawful occupation of the premises.
   Either deliver the application to the Section Office in person and obtain proper acknowledgement or send it to the section officer by registered post acknowledgement dueEither deliver the application to the Section Office in person and obtain proper acknowledgement or send it to the section officer by registered post acknowledgement due.
   Pay security deposit and service connection charges before the specified date to avoid cancellation of the application.
   Ensure that the licensed electrical wiring contractor or his authorised representative is present in your premises at the time of effecting supply for testing the installation and signing in the repor.
  Provide space for fixing the meter at a convenient place in the ground floor for easy accessibility to the Assessor for taking meter reading.
  In all storeyed buildings, irrespective of the number of floors, provide space for fixing meter, cut -out etc., in the ground floor only.
  While connecting additional loads like lights, fans, etc., and other electric appliances such as refrigerators, air-conditioners, Water-heaters etc., ensure that the meter capacity is adequate.
If the meter capacity is not adequate, contact the Section Officer for installing higher capacity meter.
  Use electricity only for purpose for which the service connection has been given (i.e. domestic).
  Safeguard the meter and other equipments of the M.S.E.B. in your premises.
  Construct your building with proper clearance from the existing High Tension/Low Tension lines as per the Indian Electricity Rules 1956.(vide rule 79 & 80)
  If the building does not have adequate frontage and the line has to go through or over the adjoining premises of other owners arrange for necessary way-leave at your own cost for running the lines.
  Get your supply converted from single-phase to three –phase if the total connected load exceeds 4000 watts.
  Observe safety precautions to avoid electrical accidents.
  Replace promptly defective electrical fittings and appliances.
  Pay electricity consumption bills and additional security deposit promptly at authorised cash counters only.
  Pay the electricity consumption charges at the beginning of the month to avoid rush on the last date.
  Security deposit equivalent to three months, consumption should be available with the M.S.E.B If you  receive a notice of claim for additional security deposit, pay the same within the date to avoid
disconnection of your service connection.
  If your service connection has been disconnected for non-payment, you may pay the amount due and the reconnection charges and intimate the Section Officer/Inspector of Assessment and avail reconnection.
  If the meter is found to be defective and not running, bring the matter to the notice of the Section Officer in writing for replacement by a healthy meter.
  Get the internal wiring checked up periodically not only to avoid leakage of electricity but also to safeguard the lives of the inmates in the premises.



Last Modified: Monday, 08-Oct-2007 17:06:43 IST
Copyright © 2004-2015 MSEDCL All rights reserved.